The client is a full-service automation integrator. We provide engineering, machining, and integrated robotic systems with core competencies in advanced welding system design, high-quality weld fixtures, robotic integration, process automation, and ongoing service and support.
Req. ID: GCN100-19795
PURPOSE: Mechanical Engineering design position for the design of integrated tooling and equipment.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Provide general design support for all projects as required.
- Lead single standard cell systems/single or multiple tool projects without support or supported by a limited mechanical engineer design staff
- Lead multiple system/multiple tool projects supported by a multiple mechanical engineer design staff
- Lead large multiple system/multiple tool projects supported by a multiple mechanical engineer design staff
- Follow Work Instruction WI-22 (Mechanical Design and Development Process) and Mechanical Lead Engineer Outline WI-22A
- Design equipment to meet internal and customer requirements/specifications and key project milestone dates within the quoted budget and scope
- Inform Mechanical Lead Engineer of progress when supporting projects
- Follow Tennessee Rand Build Standards and Tennessee Rand Specified Component List unless a deviation is applicable and customer required
- Assists in establishing project timeline when required
- Assists in manpower needs planning when required
- Works ahead of design team to plan work for designers
- Conducts thorough reviews of support team designs to ensure proper design direction, progress, and the application of tooling cost/reduction initiatives
- Verify design function before review (including but not limited to the following). Follow ME Design Checklist (WI-22B):
- Welding access
- Loading and unloading functions
- Ergonomic requirements
- Poke-yoke (error proofing)
- Customer specified component spatter coverage
- Tooling component spatter coverage
- Adjustability of design
- Maintainability of design
- Schedule, attend and conduct concept and internal design reviews
- Attend and conduct customer design reviews
- Verify quantities and accuracy of design release
- Order purchased parts on time with correct due dates
- Thoroughly check all design work for accuracy before release
- Manage projects to meet customer specifications and key project milestone dates within the quoted budget and scope
- Service/maintenance manual completion participation
- Mentors new/inexperienced engineers
- Assists in developing engineering & product standards
- Tooling/machine safety risk assessment participation
- Supports Applications Engineering on an as needed basis
- Maintains a good understanding of evolving technologies relevant to equipment design and supports company business development activities
- Associate/Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, mechanical engineering technology or related field and / or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of mechanical design experience
- Very good mechanical aptitude
- Experience with AutoCAD, Creo, Solidworks, or any 3D modeling package preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office applications
Internal Job Related:
- Ability to serve in a project lead and design support capacity for mig, spot, and laser welding projects along with material handling applications
- Ability to lead large multiple system/multiple tool projects supported by a multiple mechanical engineer design staff
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Very good communication skills with design support staff and customers
- Very good knowledge of American and International design and safety standards
- Excellent knowledge of equipment manufacturing, assembly and integration methods
- Very good knowledge of mig, spot and laser welding concepts and equipment design
- Excellent 3-d parametric modeling capability in Creo/Solidworks software
- Very good knowledge of Tennessee Rand equipment build standards and the QA ISO 9001 program including QP-04.01D Engineering Processes, Work Instructions WI-21 (Assembly Practices) and WI-22 (Mechanical Design and Development Process)
- Works under general supervision of mechanical project lead engineers when not leading a project
- Very good proficiency required in 2-D detailing in Creo and Solidworks
- Very good knowledge of equipment validation and troubleshooting processes
- Very good knowledge in the proper utilization of limits and fits
- Very good ability to read and interpret GD&T drawings
- Good management experience in the areas of contract design services and 3rd party equipment vendors
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee will frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
The client is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well-positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
The client does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of the client without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become the property of the client. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of client will not be considered binding terms. The client will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: GCN (US76)
EOE, including disability/veterans
Nearest Major Market: Chattanooga
Job Segment: Welding, Machinist, Quality Assurance, MIG Welding, Manufacturing, Technology
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineer|